Thursday 2 April 2015

Scrappy trip



I made a scrappy trip quilt top. I had these Denyse Schmidt Ansonia fat quarters that I just didn't know what to do with.


 Quite odd prints, high contrast stripes, the weird pink and black swirls...should I go with large chunks or small scraps? My quilty sister advised small scraps, You need to make a scrappy trip she said, you'll love it.

So I did. And I did. Love it, that is. The process was fun and easy. And those odd prints take on a whole new life when chopped up.
Terrible late night photo! This is laying out blocks to decide placement.

It's not quite big enough, so a 2.5" white sashing and then 2.5" scrappy border will pad it out enough I hope. 

I also have this quilt in the pipeline, a family co-production, we're going to make a couple hundred of these:

Out of these colours 

Super yummy! Top secret! 

Hoping I can catch the action at Neefle and Thread Thursday. :)


http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/needle-and-thread-thursday.html?m=1


No comments:

Post a Comment