Wednesday 29 October 2014

Orange is the New Block

I came up with this blog post title late last night and am just so pleased with myself! Not only is the latest block in my sampler quilt orange, but I cut and stitched it while watching 'Orange is the New Black' . But then I got so into OITNB that I had to just watch it and not sew or cut at the same time.

 It's an Amish star block, not sure that I love it, but I think it will work in the quilt. And now I'm going to link to lovely Kelly at needle and thread Thursday http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.co.uk

I am on a bit of an orange trip. I went on an amazing quilt course taught by Jane Brocket on being brave with colour. We had to choose a fabric in a colour we really didn't like, from a pile of her own stash fabrics, then work from there to put colours and patterns together. I chose a brown and tan fabric... And look what I ended up with:
It ended up with blue and orange - and I really like it! It's going to be a cushion for my mum. 

Finally I made a doll quilt for my friend's daughter's birthday. I feel like a real quilting mama now, sending my son to parties with home made gifts. 
You can't quilt a power ranger or a ninja turtle, so I have to make the most of little girl parties! 

Linking up to WIP Wednesday- thank you for the linky party!

4 comments:

  1. Very clever post title and I love the orange inspired block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee, I appreciate your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the amish star will look beautiful in the sampler quilt- can't wait to hear about the class you took xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange block is great - it looks really fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete