Thursday 29 May 2014

Quilts on toast

I've been sewing bits and bobs and dreaming of quilts. I've had quilting on the brain so much, look what happened to my food :

do actually also have a quilt finish to share. A wee rainbow baby quilt that I put together in evenings after work. It was going to be a regular coins quilt with each stack the same width , but I didn't measure carefully and cut the first stack too narrow. So I looked at the rest of my slab of strips and adjusted my widths to get the graduated effect. I like this much better - a happy accident ! 


I've also been working on two mini quilts/ wall quilts for my lovely colleagues for end of year gifts. Maple leaves for a Canadian lady and a Violet Star for a teacher who I shared a Violet class with. 


 I'm going to link to the lovely Amanda Jean's linky party - always so much inspiration !  Finish it Friday

Technical question: anyone know how I can insert a link in my post using the iPhone blogger app? Haven't figured it out yet ! 


6 comments:

  1. I like the mixed sizes on the coin quilt. It gives it movement. Love the blocks. Wish I could answer your question, but I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shauna! I added the link via my computer in the end :)

      Delete
  2. Love your quilt toast, Bess! I blog through my iPad mostly - haven't used the blogger app so can't help, I'm afraid - hope you sort it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The toast is brilliant it did make me laugh.
    Your rainbow quilt is beautiful, I don't think I could imagine it with equal columns, it's perfect as it is.
    Oh dear... the thought of starting Christmas gifts is a bit too much for me, but then the time does fly - you must be very organised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sabroso tu acolchado.felicidades

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post so much that I had to share it on my Facebook page! Thanks for the smiles! https://www.facebook.com/IsabellasWhimsy?ref=hl
    ~Janie, at Isabella's Whimsy

    ReplyDelete