Friday 9 August 2013

Holiday Sewing

I have finally managed some sewing in my summer holidays- hooray! First a quilt top for a baby girl. 


 It's a bit bright and crazy, hence the white sashing to calm it down. I ordered a whole lot of kiddy prints and then put them all in- no editing at all! I'm looking forward to quilting it once I have a backing.

Next a present for my sister, and one for me too. I wanted to make a little sewing kit, and found a brilliant tutorial at Lots of Pink Here http://lotsofpinkhere.blogspot.co.uk/p/tutorials.html . I'm sure I've seen other people in quilt blog land making them. Anyway, it is a great clear tute, with great photos- I've learnt some useful sewing techniques along the way.

I like the idea of my sister and I having similar kits, one being used in the U.S., and one in the UK. I'm planning to take mine away with me on my travels- if I get organised with some stuff to make some more hexi flowers.
And finally, I'm nearly finished a third sewing kit for my mum's birthday present, that I need to get in the post before I go away. 
So all in all I'm pleased! I would have got a bit more done if I hadn't had to re-seal the bathtub to stop my kitchen ceiling leaking...but that's another story! 

 

 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bess, popping in to say thanks for visiting my blog. Your white sashing works perfectly on your quilt and your little sewing pouches are very cute indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these bright fabrics with the white sashing. It looks so fun! And I'm sure that your mom will be thrilled to receive the sewing kit. It's adorable!

    Thanks for linking up at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt, enjoy snuggling under it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well done! So satisfying to get something completed. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt and I love the sewing kits! I'm just finishing mine off so that I can take it on holiday next week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The white sashing really sets off the blocks. I love a good outline! Nice sewing kits- sew pretty!

    ReplyDelete